Did you know that November is National Home Care Month? This is a time for the home care and hospice community to recognize the compassionate nurses, home care aides, therapists, and social workers who make a difference for millions of patients and families. So many individuals and families (and even our health care system) rely on these selfless caregivers. To honor them, we call upon all Americans to commemorate the power of caring for others by celebrating November as Home Care and Hospice Month.
Home Care Facts
- Ninety percent of Americans want to age in place, and home care is the preferred method of health care delivery among the disabled, elderly, and chronically ill.
- More than 33,000 home health care providers exist today.
- Home care provides high-quality, compassionate care to more than 5 million Americans annually.
- Nearly 2/3 of homecare recipients are women and more than 69% are over age 65.
- Home Health aides are projected to be the third fastest-growing occupation in all industries, increasing 47% over the 10-year span from 2016-2026.