At Passionate Private Duty we are concerned about COVID-19, also known as the Coronavirus, and how we can prevent exposure to our employees, patients, and their family members. Our skilled clinicians are continuing to care for patients in their homes as their health care is of the greatest concern to us.
While much is still unknown about COVID-19, we are monitoring its progression and information from reliable health care agencies as well as partnering with hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care facilities to protect against the spread of the illness. We are limiting office access and, as always, practicing infection control procedures.
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask (facemasks are only needed for those who show symptoms of coronavirus).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.